Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women
Charlotte Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Menopause and Perimenopause
Charlotte, North Carolina Menopause and Perimenopause doctors use Bioidentical Hormone Therapy to help women that are experiencing age-related changes due to hormonal decline. The symptoms that occur during perimenopause and menopause can be alleviated through regaining hormonal balance. Bioidentical hormones are identical in molecular structure and function to the hormones produced in the human body, reducing side affects and increasing effectiveness and safety.
Left untreated, the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause can seriously interfere with your quality of life. The persistent fatigue, hot flashes, irritability and other symptoms can have life-altering consequences. You know there’s more to life, but you don’t know how to feel like yourself again. Charlotte Bioidentical Hormone Therapy has helped many women from the Concord-Gastonia-Charlotte North Carolina area overcome their symptoms and regain their vibrancy.
- Bioidentical Hormones: A Natural Approach to Menopause Relief
In 2002, the Women’s Health Initiative conducted a study on various prescription drugs used to treat hormone imbalance in menopausal women. The report concluded that long-term use of synthetic hormones increased a woman’s chances of heart disease, stroke and breast cancer as well as several other less serious side effects. The results of this study caused many women to research alternatives for menopause relief, including Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. The interest in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy grew even stronger after actress Suzanne Somers and talk show host Oprah Winfrey endorsed its use in the media.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy differs from synthetic hormones in several important ways, including that they are created from soy and yam plants. Medical specialists choose these plants because they are identical in molecular and cellular structure to the human body. When the plant extracts are made into a compound, they are not changed in any way, making it easy for the body to metabolize. The resulting hormones are formulated by a compounding pharmacy to ensure that a solution is created specially for you in with the hormones your body requires in the amounts needed. The Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is available in a variety of delivery methods that offer consistent relief with less risk of side effects.
Find Relief with Bioidentical Hormones
Although the average age when women stop menstruating is 51 in the United States, most women experience symptoms up to 10 years before having their last period. This phase is called perimenopause. It’s also important to note that menopause hasn’t officially taken place until you go 12 consecutive months without a menstrual period. Regardless of whether you are in perimenopause, have completed menopause, or still have post-menopausal issues, there’s a good chance you are dealing with some of the symptoms of hormone imbalance that can be helped with a customized Bioidentical Hormone treatment program developed by a Charlotte Perimenopause and Menopause Specialist:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- When your estrogen and progesterone hormones start declining, it sends faulty messages to your hypothalamus that your body is cold. You can experience flushing and sweating that can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, several times a day. This problem can be quickly alleviated by restoring estrogen and progesterone balance with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Mood swings, including depression, irritability and anxiety
- Hormonal imbalance interferes with serotonin and other chemicals in the brain that help to stabilize mood. You may find yourself impatient with others, weepy for no apparent reason, or feel social anxiety for the first time in your life. For many women, eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of rest and exercise, and restoring hormones to pre-menopausal levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps stabilize mood fluctuations better than an anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication.
- Sexual dysfunction, including lack of interest and vaginal dryness
- Low levels of estrogen and high levels of progesterone cause thinning of the vaginal wall, which makes it more difficult for a woman to become adequately lubricated during sex. This can cause pain and loss of desire. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy balances progesterone, estrogen and testosterone in women resulting in more satisfying sexual experiences.
- Weight gain
- Your body’s hormones, especially the thyroid, play a big role in how well you burn calories to use as energy. When they start slowing during menopause, you can gain weight even though you haven’t changed your diet or exercise habits. This can be discouraging. Bringing your hormones into balance with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps speed up metabolism, which in turn makes it easier to lose excess body fat.
If you live in Charlotte, or anywhere around the Concord-Gastonia-Charlotte North Carolina area, and you are interested in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, call our Charlotte, North Carolina Menopause and Perimenopause specialists and schedule an appointment for a hormone evaluation. It won’t be long before you are feeling energized!
Contact Charlotte, North Carolina Menopause and Perimenopause Specialists Near You!
Dr. Scott’s Restorative Health & Wellness
6640-G Old Monroe Rd.
Indian Trail, North Carolina 28079
The Center for Wellness
1258 Mann Drive
Matthews, North Carolina 28105
Integrity Wellness MD
2550 W. Arrowood Road, Suite 106
Charlotte, North Carolina 28273