Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Can be Used to Treat Many Conditions and Symptoms
Hormones are important messengers that work throughout the body to maintain and regulate countless functions. Hormone balance is essential for men and women to experience optimal levels of health and wellness at any age and stage of life. When hormones fall out of balance, many other conditions and symptoms can occur. The North Carolina Bioidentical Hormone Doctors in Charlotte and the surrounding areas featured on this directory specialize in treating the following conditions:
- Symptoms of Menopause
- During menopause, the ovarian hormones such as estrogen and progesterone are in a state of decline. Many women experience a wide number of symptoms brought on by menopause-related hormone imbalances which can include fatigue, anxiety, depression, thinning bones, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, low libido, thinning hair and weight gain. Restoring hormones to healthy levels using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can often help women to prevent or reduce the symptoms of hormone decline.
- Symptoms of Perimenopause
- Perimenopause often occurs three to ten years before menopause, and it occurs when ovarian hormones such as estrogen and progesterone take a steep drop. Women typically first notice changes related to perimenopause in their menstrual cycles. Other symptoms may include fatigue, migraines, mood changes, irritability, increased PMS symptoms, bloating, weight gain, water retention, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, and anovulation. Balancing hormones with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can provide relief from the many hormone related symptoms associated with perimenopause in women.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- In women, imbalances between estrogen and progesterone often lead to weight-loss resistance. A deficiency of estrogen can cause the body to hold onto fat stores that contain estrogen, and a lack of progesterone can cause the body to carry water weight and be bloated because it is a natural diuretic. Restoring these hormones to balance can help women to overcome weight loss resistance.
For men, low levels of testosterone can lead to a slower metabolism, which can cause body fat to accumulate. Increased body fat raises estrogen levels, which suppresses testosterone, and this causes men’s metabolism to function even more slowly, leading to more body fat accumulation and further stifling of testosterone. This process continues until men balance their hormones with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, which reactivates the function of testosterone and speeds up metabolism.
- Fibromyalgia is a disorder that mainly plagues post-menopausal women, and it is characterized by widespread body pain. While physicians are unsure as to what causes fibromyalgia, a lack of essential hormones can increase the sensitivity of pain receptors in the body. Common symptoms of fibromyalgia can include tender points, musculoskeletal pain, headaches, mental fogginess, achiness, stiffness, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, increased bladder frequency and sore limbs. Balancing hormones may help people suffering with fibromyalgia to reduce pain and regain their quality of life.
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction can occur as a result of aging or stress, and it can plague both men and women. In women, hormone decline can often lead to vaginal dryness, low libido or the inability to climax. Balancing levels of estrogen and progesterone can help women to improve their enjoyment of sex, increase libido and prevent sexual dysfunction.
In men, decreasing testosterone levels can lead to low libido, erectile dysfunction and a reduced sexual performance. When men restore their hormones to healthy levels, they can experience improved libido and reduced instances of erectile dysfunction.
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome is known as a stress-induced syndrome that has become more common with modern lifestyles. Adrenal gland burnout occurs when a person experiences a high amount of stress for an extended period of time and the adrenal glands are forced to excrete cortisol, which is a hormone that counteracts the inflammation caused from stress. Over time, the adrenals convert sex hormones into more cortisol, which can lead to adrenal fatigue and a sex hormone deficiency. Some of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue may include salty food cravings, difficulty getting out of bed, headaches, feeling burned out, intolerance to stress, mental and physical fatigue, insomnia, aches and pains and low libido. Restoring hormone balance can help the adrenals to recover, which can reduce the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
- Symptoms of Andropause
- Male hormone decline is often known as andropause. During this phase of a man’s life, testosterone levels can decline to levels that cause noticeable hormone related symptoms in conditions. Some of the symptoms that men can experience as a result include low libido, erectile dysfunction, thinning hair, weight gain, reduced stamina and endurance, fatigue, lack of motivation, poor concentration and muscle atrophy. Using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to replace testosterone and other male hormones can help men to avoid the symptoms of hormone decline.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Disorders often occur when the thyroid hormone is either produced excessively or insufficiently in the body. Excess thyroid hormone production can lead to hyperthyroidism, which causes symptoms that include panic attacks, nervousness, increased bowel movements, faster heart rate, dramatic weight loss and intolerance to heat. A lack of thyroid hormone production can lead to hypothyroidism, which causes cold limbs, constipation, thinning hair, irregular periods, sudden weight gain and depression. Balancing levels of thyroid hormone with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help men and women to overcome thyroid disorders.
Our local Charlotte and North Carolina Hormone Doctors will help their patients reduce the symptoms and conditions of hormone decline. Contact a local Charlotte North Carolina Bioidentical Hormone Specialist to learn more conditions that can be treated with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy!
Schedule a consultation with a North Carolina Bioidentical Hormone Specialist today!